June 14, Week 3
Full Shares and Half Shares WITHOUT Add-Ons
In This Week's Share:
Napa Cabbage Slaw
Napa Cabbage can be used like cabbage or kale, cooked or raw. It's even great instead of romaine in a Caesar salad. We've been enjoying this fast and simple slaw:
1/2 Napa cabbage, julienned or grated
A few kale leaves, julienned or grated
1 Bunch radishes, greens removed, thinly sliced or grated
1-2 Heads kohlrabi, grated
1/2 Head fresh garlic, minced
1. Mix the veggies in a large bowl
2. Add: a couple glugs of apple cider, rice, or white wine vinegar; a few squirts of soy sauce, tamari, or Braggs; a quick drizzle of sesame oil; the juice from a lime; and salt and pepper to taste.
Chard and Beet Pasta
You can use the beet greens just like Swiss chard. This is how we make a hearty meal in a flash:
1. Steam or roast chopped beets
2. Cook 1 lb pasta of your choice according to the instructions on the box.
3. Cook sausage of choice, throw chopped beet greens and chard in at the end to wilt.
4. Put everything over the pasta and add feta or chevre
Next Week's Harvest (we think...)
A few members have asked for a look ahead into what we'll be offering so they can get their grocery shopping in order. We are going to try to give a few non-binding predictions, since we can't guarantee much in this uncertain business. So for next week, we think you can expect:
Lettuce or Salad mix
Plus (or minus) some other great veggies!
All the best,
~The 607 Crew